Monday, July 29, 2013

Liebster Award

The lovely Sophie from Pretty Passions, Fine Fashions and Bronia from Bronia's Bubble have nominated me for a Liebster Award (their blogs are amazing, go visit them. Seriously. Go. NOW). I know what you're thinking, someone thinks that Kani is good at blogging .
Shock, horror!

Well, let's start.

THE RULES
  • You must share 11 things about yourself.
  • Answer the 11 questions that your tagger has given you.
  • Choose 11 other blogs for the nomination. Nominees must have under 200 followers on Google Friend Connect.
  • Leave 11 questions for your nominees.
  • Lastly, thank the person that nominated you and link back to their blog.
11 things about myself 
(My life is kind of boring, so brace yourselves)

1. My goal for the summer was to read good books, watch good films, and do some crafting-diy-things. 
2. I am  volunteering at my library this summer.  
3. I don't like talking on the phone when I'm around others because I become hyper-aware of what I'm saying and how it will be interpreted by the people around me.
4. I once was a disco queen for Halloween.
5.  Whenever I go to a pizza place, or Starbucks or any other food place where they ask for your name for the order, I never give my real name, I always say a name that I think is really beautiful like Luna, Maia or Celeste, or Kasia. I don't know why I do this. I just do.
6. I love pineapples.
7. I am an only child.
8. I just finished reading Weetzie Bat.
9. My last school play had costumes and music from the 50s to 90s so yeah, it was pretty amazing.
10. I am wearing a Wonder Woman tee shirt right now.
11. According to my best friend, I am a "smart capable woman."

Sophie's questions

What's your favourite band?
I really can't decide because there's just too much music in the world but I would say either Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes or Rush or Florence and the Machine or the Dum-Dum Girls or Miss Li or Wild Child or the Staves or maybe the Vaccines or Bombay Bicycle Club Ugh... indecision.
If you had a time machine, where is the first place that you would go?
10 years to the future, just so I can see how I turn out. But then again, if I find out how I turn out , then I might change something, and then it would be different from what I saw, but would that just be exactly what I saw before? Argh. Paradoxes.
Do you have any posters on your bedroom walls? What are they of?
I actually have no posters on my wall but I do have a painting of a dove, the letter K made of flowers, and some more of my artwork.
Who are your heroes?
My main heroes are probably going to be Malala Yousafzai, and Anne Frank because they both showed such amazing bravery and courage at such a young age and it's just amazing.
Who's your favourite writer/author?
I can never honestly choose a favorite but I would say somewhere along the lines of John Green, e.l. konigsburg, Jane Austen, Charles Dickens, H.G. Wells, Madeleine L'Engle, Lemony Snicket, David Levithan, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Lois Lowry, Emily Dickinson, Rebecca Stead, George Orwell, Mark Haddon, Jerry Spinelli Eoin Colfer and other cool authors.
What's your favourite magazine?
Probably Interview Magazine because they have just the perfect pairings of interviewers and interviewees i.e. Miranda July and Lena Dunham. Or if I feel like indulging myself and ignoring the inherent exclusivity of high-fashion, then Vogue.
Do you like Rookiemag? Do you read it regularly? Do you have a favourite Rookie post?
Yes, and yes. My favorite one would probably be the one that makes me laugh the most which is this. Or my favorite photo set which is this. But there's so much stuff on Rookie that has helped me in life that it's pretty hard to choose.
Which film makes you laugh the most?
Um.. Meet the Parents is the only one I can think of right now.
What's the best concert you've ever been to?
Sadly, I've never been to an actual concert (I only really developed a good taste for music around the time I turned 11-ish, so no concerts for me), but in a perfect world, I would answer from a selection of Marina and the Diamonds, Florence and the Machine, Fleetwood Mac, Lana Del Rey, or the Vaccines.
If you could be in any TV series, what series would it be and why?
Definitely Downton Abbey, because... British accents, early 20th century culture/fashion in Britain and Dan Stevens.
Put the first picture you come across here when you refresh your tumblr or blog timeline.



source Am I the only one who burst into laughter after reading this?

And now for Bronia's questions
Why is your blog called what it is?
Most likely because all of the other blogs that started with the word "Style" were already in use combined with the fact that I was feeling uncreative. I'm actually thinking of changing it.
 Cake, chocolate or ice-cream (you can't have a chocolate cake with ice-cream!)
Definitely chocolate, I don't know why it is but I'm the only one of all my friends and family who just despises cake. And I don't really like ice cream because after it starts to melt a bit,  I don't like the taste of the milkiness in my mouth.
 What size feet do you have?
Size 8
 Favourite song?
This is a really hard question but...um... maybe "I'll be your's" by Those Dancing Days. But it's probably going to change in two weeks.
Would you rather have a dog sized elephant or a elephant sized dog?
Definitely a dog sized elephant because I love elephants, and I would like having one that I could keep in my house.
Who is your fashion idol?
Maybe Grimes, Elle and Dakota Fanning, Francoise Hardy, Betsey Johnson, Sky Ferriera, Katherine Hepburn or Winona Ryder. They all have insane style.
If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
Luna. If my parents named me Luna, I would be set up for success for the rest of my life (or at least moderate coolness).
What do you want to be when you are older?
I'm not really sure, but probably something that lets me be creative on a regular basis and maybe lets me travel all over the world.
What shoes are you wearing?
I'm barefoot right now.
Favourite item in your wardrobe?
Probably my army green jacket or my leather jacket or my tulle skirt (I feel really punk when I'm wearing them).
Do you have more cupboard or drawers in your house??
More drawers.

I nominate:
a at Wilting Flower
Alice at Too Much Light Burns the Negative
Selina at Selina noma
Kayah at Sweet and Sour Style
Britney at The Style Aviator
Katia at The Kaleidoscope Klub
Lauren at Plastic Pastels
Sinead at Peppermint Whiskers
Arely at Kill Your Idols
Sophie at For We Are Only Trampling Daisies
Eryn at Style Orbit

And your questions.

1. Your favorite childhood movie. {Wow that wasn't even a question}
2. What's the last thing you read (article or book)?
3. What album would be the soundtrack to the movie of your life?
4. Would you rather watch something being made or just see the finished product?

5. What do you do first when you have writer's/artist's block?
6. Describe yourself in 5 words or less.

7. Your favorite thing to drink.
8. Your favorite place, fictional or real (other than your hometown).
9. Reality television: yes or no. And why?
10. Top song to sing when you're home alone.
11. Do you like musicals? If so what's your favorite?

I'm giving myself a pat on the back because those questions were surprisingly hard to come up with. 


Thanks for reading!
Later, 



NOTE: I really want to post more outfit photos soon but until school starts again in a few days, I will continue to enjoy the luxury of spending all day in my pyjamas because summer's not over until it's over. 


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for nominating me Kani!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!!!

    ps. I don't understand why you don't like your name...

    ReplyDelete

thank you for reading