Thursday, July 11, 2013

Tata Naka Girls

The Tata Naka girls. They are the ultimate high school girl gang, able to live simultaneously in the nifty fifties and the 1980s.
They make their own clothes based on their hobbies, which include

  • traipsing through modern art galleries
  • occasionally cutting gym class to wander through fields of of flowers
  • hanging out in back alleys
  • making origami Valentine's day cards
  • stealing clothes from the boy's locker room and/or their boyfriends' closet
  • doing graffiti
  • working after-school at the record store
  • going to carnivals at night
  • being painfully suburban
  • listening to The Cure and Pink Floyd
  • having surprisingly intense school spirit
  • impersonating adults to attend business meetings and/or buy cars under their names (idk why)
  • being punk rock in general
  • having grrrl power


Strangers In The Night | via Tumblr
source


source

Untitled
source


source


source


source


source


source

1950s Dress with Detachable, Collar, Vestee and Sash Vintage Sewing Pattern 2298 bust 34"
source


source


source


source

Those are just some pictures that capture the vibes of the Tata Naka girls (kind of. there's only so much tumblr can give you).

Anywho now that you kind of know what to expect, here is the Tata Naka Fall 2013 Ready to Wear Collection. 
Tata-Naka Fall 2013
This is one of the looks from the collection that I feel like could end up looking busy or messy if it isn't styled correctly, but it is. I really like the heart cutouts on the pants though.

Tata-Naka Fall 2013
This one is just really cool to me because of the casualness of it. I don't know if I mentioned this before, but I really love tweed and skirts with pockets in them. So.. 

Tata-Naka Fall 2013
This dress is quite simple but the necklace and the sheer strips at the end just make it stand out to me.

Tata-Naka Fall 2013
Seven words: cotton candy business executive dressed to kill

Tata-Naka Fall 2013
This is the look that most takes me back to the nifty fifties. I literally picked it as one of my favorites because it looked fun to twirl in.

Tata-Naka Fall 2013
This is probably my favorite look. I would wear it every day if I could. The different layers just make it really fun and cute.




Tata-Naka Fall 2013
To me, the appeal of this dress is the collagey-ness of the bottom half. It looks thrown together, but you can tell effort was put in to make it look cohesive. 

Overall, the Tata Naka Fall 2013 Ready to Wear Collection is now one of my favorites.

Tata-Naka Fall 2013




Tata-Naka Fall 2013

Can I just say that whoever did the art direction/scenery was just genius. I mean it's just.... ugh, I have no words. 

Sorry I just bombed you guys with pictures there.
Later,
K

(All photos from stylebistro.com)

2 comments:

  1. Cool post!! And thank you so much for your last comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this post so much. the collection is so cool oh my gosh. it makes me want to have my own girl gang to be cool with. :-)
    x

    ReplyDelete

thank you for reading