i love this alt-j cover of bill withers, it's so positive and colorful and clean (i'm trying not to describe the album art right now), it's not as "natural" sounding as the original, but still really cool.
fashion month always fills me with this strange magical idealistic feeling of being able to live whatever life i want and be whoever i want to be simply by putting on different clothing. and it's great-- i mean, that's basically the scope of my interest in clothing. it also makes me feel really optimistic about the future. also, the fact that the earth's orbit around the sun takes 365 days has nothing to do with humans whatsoever, yet we managed to make it all about us and our health and our debt and our reading etc and i find that hilarious, so i've decided to make a more concrete set of resolutions for (the remainder of!) 2015 because i am goal-oriented (haha). here we go:
1. eat a cronut. this is really less of a resolution, and more of a life plan if you know what i mean-- which autocorrect (or whatever this whodanglethang on this computer is called) clearly doesn't because it actually just tried to correct cronut to croutoN! ugh. (if any of you guys has ever had a cronut, please describe it vividly in the comments so that I can live vicariously through your experiences)
3. compliment 2 people each day, one of them being myself.
4. see fight club and inception. i really would like to see a bunch of movies this year in general, but i feel like i'm seriously missing out on some sort of societal underbelly by not getting the constant references from these movies.
5. complete at least 5 journals
6. do something that makes you mildly uncomfortable once a day
in the continued spirit of newness, i also really love the photos of erik madigan heck's perspective on thom browne's most recent spring show.
the photos are beautiful and bright and reminded me of a range of things including: marc jacobs in a sense of playfulness or whatever, commes des garcons, the yoruba geles that the women in my family wear to parties, the eminent arrival of spring, the elaborate, aristocratic beauty of marie antoinette's hats, the ~art girls~ at my school whose clothes are covered in paint-- which may just be me regurgitating a list of things that i find cool/inspiring but have no way to organize.
also just a note that i'm in my school's production of big fish the musical, and it's pretty much my first play aside from elementary school things-- so i really wasn't prepared for the time commitment and that's kind of why i've been awol. thank you for hanging in there, like a cat on an inspirational poster: