Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Do you believe in love at first sight?

I was on Style.com today looking at the 2014 Resort Collections, when I saw House of Holland.
The first words that came into my mind were: 70s Glam Rock Sparkling Galactic Princess and then I fell in love.
The entire collection is so fabulous that I couldn't pick a favorite, so I'll just choose a few randomly and talk about why I am so enchanted with them.
This one, just for the bell bottoms. I've been looking for a good pair of bell bottoms for months now because they are effortlessly timeless. I especially love the ones from House of Holland because of the pattern on the waist and leg. But aside from that, I love how the shirt itself is kind of boxy but then the sleeves flower out.
Is it just me or are these two extremely wearable for your average human. These outfits both get extra style points from me because of the placement what looks like badges on their shoes and clothing. I don't know why, but adding those just makes it even more pleasing (aesthetically) for me.
I always scream a little inside when I see a dress or skirt with pockets because I am just obsessed with them. Not to mention geometric prints, which I basically just like because I'm a math nerd. I feel like I could easily wear this dress with black creepers and a  coat that's just a bit longer than the dress itself (the type that  goes all the way to your knees). 
I get the feeling that if I wore this, I would feel like a really fashionable schoolteacher from the 1900s. This is one of the simpler looks from the collections, but I really like it cause... you know... minimalism? I don't know, I just think it's one of those things that I'm drawn to for no specific reason.
My first thought was that I would wear this look to a comic book convention because of the kapow! things from when the villain gets knocked into a building or something. The bag and dress just seem really fun and relaxed. 

It just occurred to me that almost all of the shoes look like all or part of them were doused in Mod Podge Extreme Glitter (in a good way)!

Anywho, that's just my opinion, what do you guys think? Let me know in the comments section.

Till next time, 
Kani 

2 comments:

  1. I really love House of Holland...such a great collection!! x


    Melissa
    http://wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my god these are beautiful. it's also lovely to see a dark skinned black woman modelling the clothes. :-)
    x

    ReplyDelete

thank you for reading