Tuesday, December 31, 2013

hi there 2014

I don't know about you, but 2014 snuck up on me like a vampire in orthopedic shoes, and you know what- I survived, we survived. The world didn't end and that's pretty wonderful. 

For some reason, it doesn't really FEEL like New Year's Eve this year, and it certainly doesn't feel like a whole year has passed since I was some akward 11 year old who didn't really know anything about anything (not gonna pretend that I know that much now anyways.) 

I just realized that some parts of the world are already in 2014 and now I feel like I'm in an old scifi movie because I have extremely high expectations for our ability to have hovercrafts and teleportation and robot butlers in 2014.  


2013 was a really rad year for me for so many reasons
1. I started this blog, and I didn't quit *hooray*. 
2. I somehow magically discovered this super cool community of people with blogs, and zines, and all these amazing interests and it's been incredibly fun! (hopefully that didn't sound too cringy)
3. Um... you guys. You're all very cool (obviously, because you're reading my blog) and I just want to thank you for putting up with me for so long and reading these posts because it's just an incredible feeling to know somewhere in the world, 20 something people are reading what you're writing. 
4. I learned so much about feminism and music and movies and I'm so happy to be 5000% better/cooler than I was last December. 

But, 2014 is going to be even radder because I will,
1. Start blogging regularly: at least twice a week. I know, it's exciting for both of us. 
2. Managing my time a lot better than I did this year
3. Focus on basically, radiating happiness (kindness, compassion etc) into myself and the universe
4. Create things as much as possible: write more, maybe try singing, draw, paint etc 
5. Read more, specifically read better books.
6. Get a job or figure out some magical way for a 12 year old to make money: seriously, I need to be able to afford something from the Meadham Kirchoff collection that isn't a pair of socks. 
7. Stop procrastinating on schoolwork
8. Stop procrastinating on blogging
9. Stop procrastinating
10. Keep a journal more often
10. World domination from the comfort of my computer chair
11. Beyonce (yes that is a resolution)
12. ??????????? (who knows? the future is a mystery?) (I'm proud of how simultaneously mysterious and motivational speaker-y that was)
13. Sign as many change.org petitions as possible
14. Exist

I tried to write this, but I couldn't do it as well as Dini who said, "It {the future, resolutions etc} makes me feel like diving deeper into the ocean without knowing what kind of monster we have to face."

That quote, and this quote from a very inspiring visionary, 
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow's a mystery" - Justin Timberlake

I also made a New Year's playlist for dancing alone in your room when the clock strikes 12. 

Get This Party Started
Shake It Out
Tell Me Something Good
All Night
I'll Be Yours
Conga
One Way or Another
Crocodile Rock
Be A Body
Rill Rill
Come on Eileen

RIP 2013, it was nice knowing you. See you all in the future.
--
K

ETA: It is now officially 2014, and I'm not in a hovercraft. All hope is lost. Oh well, maybe 2015

5 comments:

  1. Ah I have to stop procrastinating aswell! Can't wait to see more posts from you x

    http://crypticarabella.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh you quoted me!!! This made me feel v v special thank you Kani :] i can't stop reading everyone's thoughts on new year even when it's already 18 days past nye. I could use all of your resolutions especially no 11 yes seems good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Everything you write is incredibly insightful and refreshing to read. xx

      Delete
  3. I thought 2010 would be the year i got a hover craft darn....

    Styleriottt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

thank you for reading